- Teaching English as a foreign language to young learners (KG to Grade 5);
- Supporting local teaching staff (teacher training and monitoring teacher performance);
- Curriculum development;
- Administrative duties (maintenance of class lists, student assessments and reports, writing student and teacher profiles, compilation of newsletter articles, supplies inventories and procurement of supplies);
- Organisation of events and activities (medical camps, sports’ days, annual day, inter-house competitions);
- Supporting KMT’s Head Office with fund-raising activities;
- Contributing to the constant evolution and development of the school by working as part of the Senior Teacher and Academic Advisor (STA) team to develop initiatives to reduce absenteeism, improve health and hygiene, encourage good manners, increase awareness of environmental issues and environmental protection, and to improve the overall contributions that the school makes to the educational and social development of the students.
22 September 2013
Senior Teacher and Academic Advisor Job at Kaghan Memorial Trust
The Kaghan Memorial Trust (KMT) is a non-profit charitable organisation that is currently establishing the first of a number of schools providing free quality primary education for underprivileged children in Pakistan.
KMT is currently recruiting teachers and educationalists to work on a volunteer basis at its Kaghan Memorial School (KMS) in the Kaghan Valley, in northern Pakistan. The contract length is one year and the applicant should be able to start as soon as possible.
The main responsibilities of the teachers, dependent upon experience, include:
Applicants must have a college degree and experience teaching children and/or teaching English as a second language. Experience overseas is an asset. Knowledge of Urdu is not required as international teachers are supported in the classroom by local teaching assistants. It is essential that the candidate has a strong sense of commitment to the trust’s objectives and is willing to volunteer to work for KMT for one full year. The applicant should also be able to adapt to a different culture.
KMT provides its volunteers with accommodation, meals, one return air ticket per year for travel between their home country and Islamabad, visa expenses, local health coverage, local transport facilities and a monthly stipend of Pak. Rs. 10,000 (approx US $100) to cover incidental expenses. Teachers are entitled to 24 days leave per year as well as local national holidays.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals wishing to bring a real and sustainable difference to a severely deprived community. It will also allow the volunteer to experience a rich, incredibly beautiful, and frequently misunderstood part of the world.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply in writing to Programme Manager KMT, at email@example.com c/o Pakistan Recruitment in the subject line.
All applications should be accompanied by a covering letter, detailed resume, and passport copy. The closing date for applications is October 15, 2013.